BalloonSat Sound of Near Space
The BalloonSat Sound of Near Space is a flight computer for taking pictures and recording how tones are transmitted in vacuum of near space. In addition, it also records the air pressure as a function of time which can be related to altitude as a function of time to generate a profiles of the air pressure of Earth's atmosphere.
Features of the BalloonSat Sound of Near Space
- Powered with a AAA battery holder
- LEDs next to speaker to confirm which tone is being generated
- Built-in pressure sensor to record the air pressure each time tones are generated
- Commit Pin prevents the flight computer from collecting data until launch time
- Controls a camera
- Simple to program in PICAXE BASIC
The price for the BalloonSat Sound of Near Space (B-Sound) solder kit is $85.00 plus $4.00 S&H. The B-Sound kit contains all the parts needed to complete the flight computer. An assembled and tested BalloonSat Easy is $95.00 plus $4.00 S&H.
Instructions for the BalloonSat Sound of Near Space
Sample Flight Code
Spreadsheet for Calibrating the Pressure Sensor
To program the BalloonSat Easy's PICAXE-14M2, you'll need to download the PICAXE Programmer. It's free at this link